Sometimes accidents happen and a net might be dragged over a rough surface, caught on a vehicle for example and a mesh may tear. The following FASET guidance must be followed to complete these repairs.
- Multi mesh cuts to a knotless safety net shall only be repaired using a patch repair.
- The repair shall have a minimum of 1 mesh overlap.
- The patch used in a repair shall be of new material and shall comply with BS EN1263-1.
- The repair twine shall be a minimum of 3mm thick and shall be of new material that is approved by the safety net manufacturer for safety net repairs.
- Repairs must not overlap.